Oshkosh

I was able to attend Airventure again this year on Monday. Although I always like going there, and was able to meet some people for work and personal reasons, it was extra special because I got to spend a few hours there with my grandfather. My grandfather Elroy, was the first person to take me to Oshkosh way back in 1985. That trip left a memorable impression on me with all the various types of airplanes, from homebuilts, to warbards, and the Concord was there too! It was the first time I saw aerobatic performances and was amazed at how they can do that (still am).

Although by that point I already had a pretty big interest in aviation, that trip cemented my desire to make it a career. My grandfather has not been back to Oshkosh since 1987, so needless to say things have changed quite a bit since he was there last. We met at the Cirrus booth, looked around there and then went for a walk through the antique/classic area and watched some of the ultralights flying around. It was a memorable day for both of us.

So thanks Grandpa for supporting my career then and now. I am sure there are others that have similar stories, and I would love to hear them. http://img.ezinemark.com/imagemanager2/files/30004252/2011/11/E10.jpg